The GEYSER® is made by Nyle Systems in Brewer, Maine and just like “Old Faithful” in Yellowstone National Park, it is a natural and renewable hot water source that will prove reliable for years to come.
How does the Geyser work?
The GEYSER® is suitable for most storage tank water heaters from 40 gallons to 120 gallons. Heat is pulled from the surrounding air and, utilizing heat pump technology, that energy is used to heat the water in your tank. Even the small amount of electricity used to operate the GEYSER® is converted to heat. With an Energy Rating over 2.0, this means that for every unit of electricity used, the GEYSER® produces over two units of heat for making hot water.
As an added bonus, the air surrounding the GEYSER® is also being dehumidified. This reduces household mold and mildew, possibly allowing you to switch off your dehumidifier and further increasing your savings.
What is the difference between the GEYSER® add-on Heat Pump versus Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heaters?
We get this question a lot: Why get a Geyser add-on instead of a Hybrid? There are many reasons to get the add-on Geyser, the reasons we hear most often are:
1. Nearly everybody already has a tank. It is much cheaper to buy an add-on Geyser (and much easier to install) obtaining the same savings, than it is to throw away the tank and buy an expensive hybrid unit
2. If the tank of a hybrid unit starts leaking, you have to replace both the heat pump and the tank at a considerable cost. If the tank of the Geyser add-on fails, you just replace the tank.
3. People that have a high-end water heater (maybe with lifetime warranty) don’t want to replace it with a lower quality hybrid unit.
4. Keep in mind that the Heat Pump recovery is slower. If a customer is “just getting by” with a traditional 50 gallon tank, they will experience cold showers if they upgrade to a 50 gallon hybrid. And larger hybrids are even more expensive. Instead they get an 80 gallon storage tank and add a Geyser.
5. If you have a water heater that is located in basement (or other place) that doesn’t have the headroom for a hybrid you can get the Geyser and place it next to the tank
6. Some customers want to use the cooled, dehumidified air from the heat pump in a different, nearby room than where the water heater is located. You can do this by retrofitting the existing tank with a Geyser located in a nearby but different space.
7. Many customers have other less common applications like heating water for radiant floor heating, back-up to solar water heater, and many others! Hybrids are typically not the right choice for these tasks.
Is the Geyser difficult to install or maintain?
The GEYSER® is fast and easy for your plumbing or HVAC professional to install. It connects to your current storage tank, using two water connections and a connection to the tank’s thermostat. It is suitable for any regular household electrical outlet. No special electrical wiring is needed.
To maximize savings we have created two different versions of the Geyser, one to connect with electric tanks, and one with most other tanks:
|Geyser RE||All electric water heater tanks|
|Geyser RO||Most tanks including:
– Electric water heater tanks
– Oil and gas fired water heaters
– Solar water heater (back-up)
– Storage tanks
– Many Boiler Mates
|For the Geyser RO installation with a boiler mate, please call us to determine what the preferred method of installation is to your tank. Tel: 800-777-6953 ext 210; or email:firstname.lastname@example.org|
The GEYSER® is built to provide years of reliable hot water heating for you and your family. Durable powder coated steel cabinet and high quality components manufactured in the United States mean quality and reliability. The unit comes with a 6-year limited warranty. Maintenance is as simple as periodically cleaning the air filter provided on the unit.
Key Features and Benefits
- Saves 50%-65% on the costs of running an electric water heater.
- Savings are measured at a tank temperature of 120°F and an ambient air temperature of 67°F.
- GEYSER® RE and RO are designed for a minimum ambient temperature of 45ºF (indoor units in most climates).
- The air surrounding the GEYSER® is being dehumidified in the process, possibly allowing you to switch off your dehumidifier.
- No need to buy a new tank. Designed to be installed with existing water heaters.
- Can be disconnected and reinstalled with a different tank, in case you move or change tanks.
- Easy, professional installation.
- Reduces the energy use by 50%-65%, helping the environment and helping us to become less dependent on foreign energy.
- Vented Heat Exchanger to meet local and national codes*
*Vented heat exchangers are required by UL and national/local codes to prevent the leakage of refrigerant into potable water supplies.
Note: Your Geyser is most efficient when operated in ambient temperature range of 50°F to 110°F.
- Actual BTU output 6,275 BTUH
- Energy Rating 2.0
- Temperature Setting: adjustable up to 140°F (60°C)
- Sound Level: 60 dB on average at 3′ distance
- Recovery rate: 12.75 US Gallons (48.3 Liters) / hr. at 58°F (15.5°C) water intake
- First hour recovery rating: 62.5 gallons when connected to 50 gallon tank
- Suitable for any regular household outlet (110V/60hz; draws 5–7 amps)
- GEYSER RE and RO are QPS listed as in compliance with UL and CSA standards.
- Dimensions: 16.5” wide, 20.0” deep, 16.0” tall.
*Note: Due to high call volume generated by the recent TV shows featuring this product there is currently a 6-8 weeks waiting list. We are working very hard to reduce that wait time.